Website Homewood Suites - Nashville
This is the job description for GUEST SERVICES MANAGER.
Job Title: Guest Services Manager
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: General Manager, Director of Rooms, Front Office Manager
Supervises: Reservations, Guest Services Representative, PBX Operator, Bell Staff, Concierge, Night Audit
Job Purpose: To maintain a high quality of services offered to guests through management of the functional areas of reservations, guest registration, bell services, telephone services and guest accounting to maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of the hotel. Concierge and garage services may also report to this position.
1. Supervise Front Desk staff: hiring, firing, performance evaluations, training, and development. Schedule staff
according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
2. Maintain standards of guest service quality. Contribute to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of
other hotel departments. Increase level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through
employee development, job engineering and quality image.
3. Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximizes profitability related to the guest services department.
4. Develop short term and long term financial and operational plans for the guest service department which relate
to the overall objectives of the hotel. Participate in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
5. Manage the reservation function to maintain highest possible room occupancy and average daily rate through
suggestive selling by employees.
6. Maintain procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions, security of monies, guest security
and emergency procedures.
7. Receive departmental related guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken.
8. Ensure staff uses guest interaction skills. Reward employees who meet/exceed guest expectations.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Analyze and interpret business records and statistical reports; interpret policies established by administrators.
2. Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
3. Understand the government regulations covering business operations.
4. Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts, experience, and opinion.
5. Plan and organize the work of others.
6. Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Hotel Administration, Business or related field.
Experience: Minimum 1 year experience on night audit, 2 years experience in front desk operations, and 1 year
experience in either direct sales or retail trade; OR, an equivalent combination of education and
X Interview, select and train associates
X Set and adjust associates’ rates of pay and hours of work
X Direct the work of associates
X Appraise associates’ productivity and efficiency for purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in
X Handle associate complaints
X Discipline associates
X Plan the work
X Determine the techniques to be used
X Apportion the work among associates
X Determine types of materials, supplies, machinery, equipment/tools used or merchandise to be bought, stocked
X Control the flow and distribution of materials or merchandise and supplies
X Provide for the safety and security of the employees or the property
X Plan and control the budget
X Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more full-time associates or their equivalent (1 full-time
associate at 40 and 2 half-time associates at 20 hours each, are equivalent to 2 full-time associates).
X Authority to hire or fire other associates, or makes suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing ,
advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other associates are given particular weight.
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of
manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
X Reach hands and arms in any direction
X Able to work overtime and irregular hours
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.
Associated topics: call center manager, customer care manager, guide, lead, management experience, operations manager, product support, senior, service manager, telephone
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.