Website Viking River Cruises
Founded in 1997, Viking is the world’s leading small ship travel company, exploring more than 20 rivers, five oceans, five great lakes and all seven continents. Offering destination-focused experiences for curious travelers, Viking has amassed more than 250 awards and was recently voted the #1 River Cruise Line and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line by Cond Nast Traveler in the publication’s 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards.
You now have an opportunity to join one of the most acclaimed and fastest-growing hospitality brands as it expands in the United States.
In summer2022, Viking will launch its new, highly-anticipated Mississippi River cruises and will introduce the most luxurious ship ever built for the river, the 386-guest Viking Mississippi . Sailing on board the elegant new ship, you will dock in the heart of iconic cities that line the river; during your free time, you will be just footsteps from exploring the fascinating places that stretch from New Orleans all the way north to St. Paul.
At Viking, we offer great pay and great benefits-including a Swiss-developed training program and a work schedule that provides up to 13 weeks off each year. With all of your living expenses covered during work weeks-including lodging, meals, Wi-Fi, travel to/from the ship, uniforms & laundry-you have the unique chance to save more of your pay than in most other restaurant or hospitality positions. Being a valued member of the Viking family, you join a close-knit, supportive group of colleagues-many of whom form lifelong working relationships and friendships. And, with training from the industry leader, you will receive the skills, knowledge and tools to be successful-as well as abundant opportunities for advancement. Regardless of where you are on your career journey, Viking can help you in reaching new destinations.
Multiple positions open for immediate hiring; earn up to $44,100 annually
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- – To provide guests at all times with friendly, personalized front-desk service, including concierge services 24 hours a day in a manner consistent with Viking River Cruises’ high standard of guest services.
– This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining high standards and consistency of outstanding custome service and monitoring of all Guest Services-related tasks.
- – Center “the heart” of i nformation for all guests
– Transaction of all on board sales
– Operation of phone switchboard, cashless system and safety system
– Full understanding of guest infotainment system and guarantee of its smooth operation
– 24h Concierge Services
– Organization and planning of embarkation / disembarkation
– Preparation and execution of a smooth check-in and check-out
– Read and update the logbook daily and take action accordingly
– Check guest manifests and special request lists for all arriving guests
– Ensure that all guest complaints received are either settled immediately or referred to the relativeparty for follow up. Guest to be promptly advised of all actions taken
– Prepares the guest lists, party invitations, menus, and special notes from the ships management
– Assist in guest medical disembarkations with support of the management
– Coordination, confirmation and assistance with guests’ departure arrangements and other travel connections (e.g. flight changes)
– Organizing guest information documents (city maps / brochures / handouts)
– Assistance with coordination and dispatching of shore excursions
– Ability to effectively deal with internal & external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts
Associated topics: club, desk, door, gallery, guest, kings, reservations, sheraton, spa, terrace
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.