Website Avis Budget Group
Here at Avis Budget Group we’re more than just rentals-although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands – Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar – connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly-power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Here at Avis Budget Group we’re more than just rentals-although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. Shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions, our globally-recognized brands including Avis, Budget, and Zipcar connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options, and more time on the road for our customers.
You will work under the direction of a Human Resources Business Partner and have hands-on experience to develop and grow your skillset and capabilities within human resources. Assignments will include performance and compensation management, employee and labor relations, and the implementation of initiatives such as engagement with focus on retention, onboarding, orientation and training.
Our paid internship program is designed to provide you with a comprehensive learning experience and gain real-world practical business experience that will jumpstart your career after graduation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (What You Will Do)
- Assist with the coordination of performance discussions, investigations, discipline and terminations, including preparation of investigation summaries.
- Learn how to guide the leadership team on sensitive or complex matters and elevate to the appropriate staff when investigations are required.
- Help drive engagement and retention of employees by ensuring current tools, resources and strategies are being effectively implemented at locations; assisting with orientation and onboarding of new employees; developing, enhancing and implementing new tools, processes and strategies to improve the new hire experience; and conducting stay interviews of new associates.
- Prepare HR-related reports as needed, such as turnover, compliance training, learning completion.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or requested.
Experience, Skills, Education, and Characteristics
- Motivated and talented university/college students in their senior year with a H R major highly preferred
- Good interpersonal skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time and task management skills
- Good collaboration and team building skills, with ability to work with all levels and roles of an organization effectively
- Passionate about people and have a strong belief in all employees ability and potential to succeed
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality in HR matters is essential
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge or experience with Workday is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite of products
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States of America
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, assist, assistant, co op, intern, internship, on call, support, supportive
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.