Website US Oncology
Texas Oncology is looking for a full-time Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team! This position will support the Garland location. This is a Monday-Friday position with no weekends, major holidays, or call. Texas Oncology is the largest community oncology provider in the country and has approximately 600+ providers in 220+ sites across Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based cancer care because they believed in making the best available cancer care accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with the critical support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still the same today at Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve More breakthroughs. More victories. in their fight against cancer. Today, Texas Oncology treats half of all Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis.
Why work for us?
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer than any other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous PTO program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match, a Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle, and lots of other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite retailers.
What does the Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) do?
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Must recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care and participates in companywide quality initiatives. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assess and monitors therapy of patients using appropriate technical skills under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central venous access devices and alternate delivering systems.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching.
- Assists with chart prep.
Administers chemotherapy, hydration and other medications under the direction and supervision of a physician.
The ideal candidate for the Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) will have the following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred.
- Willing to consider an entry-, mid-, or senior-level candidate.
- Minimum 2 years of RN experience in an acute-care and/or hospital setting.
- Oncology RN experience strongly preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer is preferred.
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state.
- Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac and Life Support) and/or CPR certification required upon hire.
- Must have experience with starting IVs.
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care unit, coronary, domiciliary, hospice, intensive, nurse clinical, staff nurse, tcu, transitional
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.