Website St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David’s North Austin Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as an Infusion Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Infusion Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Infusion Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
- Reviews patient’s history prior to beginning physical assessment and incorporates findings into the exam. Reviews patient’s history prior to beginning physical assessment and incorporates findings into the exam.
- Performs physical patient assessments/reassessments on a regular basis in accordance department standards. Pertinent data is collected using appropriate assessment techniques. Incorporates available technology to aid in physical assessment.
- Prioritizes data collection by assessing the patient s immediate condition or needs.
- Is able to discern critical findings and timely communicates changes in the patient s condition to the appropriate patient care providers.
- Data collection is inclusive of the patient, significant others and health care providers when appropriate.
- The data collection process is systematic and ongoing.
- Considers the developmental goals for infant, toddler, preschool, school age, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients during the assessment of patients.
- Assesses patient/family learning needs, including any tasks that the patient can or cannot accomplish as related to his or her current health problem. Consideration of age, cultural values, religious beliefs, emotional barriers, desire and motivation to learn, physical and/or cognitive limitation, and language barriers, as indicated.
- Assesses for signs of abuse and neglect. Documents findings and reports as appropriate when required.
- Develops patient centered nursing diagnoses.
- Nursing diagnoses are derived from the assessment data.
- Assists in the completion of diagnostic testing as ordered by the medical team and other health care providers.
- In collaboration with interdisciplinary members of the team, formulates a plan of care including expected outcomes for each patient based on diagnoses derived from patient assessments.
- Prescribes appropriate nursing care to meet the goals, as well as the physical, psychological, psychosocial, emotional, and social needs of the patient.
- Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age-specific needs
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and set priorities.
- Coordinates and participates in providing direct patient care.
- Performs skills proficiently and in accordance with the standards of nursing care.
- Utilizes all equipment in the unit appropriate to patient with maximum efficiency and effectiveness based on knowledge and education.
- Interventions are implemented in a safe and appropriate manner and documented
- Performs nursing care in an organized and systematic manner.
- Can organize work and utilize time efficiently based on knowledge of nursing theories and procedures.
- Can interpret reports, data and medical information to determine the needs of the patient and family.
- Can interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and manage several abstract and concrete variables.
- Addresses patient s nutritional needs as appropriate.
- Verifies accuracy of medication administration by following all safety measures.
- Ensures medications are kept secure and stored appropriately.
- Educates patients on potential side effects of prescribed medications.
- Explains the purpose of all prescribed medications and teaches patient s the appropriate self- administration of medications as part of discharge planning process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: Graduate from an accredited nursing program or current enrollment in an Alternative Entry MSN program
Preferred: Bachelor s Degree; minimum of one year experience in Staff RN role and charge experience
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Required: Texas RN License or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State; BCLS Certification
Preferred: Previous experience in clinical nursing; ACLS certification
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St.David s North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas withmore than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David s Children s Hospital, St. David s Women sCenter of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional servicesoffered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology andneurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David s HealthCare, which is oneof the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.David s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and twolocal non-profits St. David s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Good people beget good people.”
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Infusion Registered Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, bsn, care, coronary, hospice, infusion, mhb, registered nurse, transitional
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.