Website St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David’s North Austin Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At St. David’s North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Ask about our sign-on bonus!
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), you collaborate with all other healthcare disciplines to execute the patient s plan of care. You will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating care. As the Registered Nurse in the ICU, you will be responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team.
* You will perform and document patient assessments at the time of the admission
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will provide educational materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids and IV medications
* You will review all new physician orders, ensure that orders are carried out and documented correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services
* You will notify the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes in patient status
* You will provide accurate and relevant patient information reports to the Charge Nurse and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
* Experience in clinical nursing
* 1 year experience in a Staff Registered Nurse (RN) role
* Charge Nurse experience preferred
* Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) from accredited Nursing program AND/OR current enrollment in an Alternative Entry Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. David s Healthcare policy within 12 months of hire
St.David s North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas withmore than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David s Children s Hospital, St. David s Women sCenter of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional servicesoffered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology andneurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David s HealthCare, which is oneof the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.David s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and twolocal non-profits St. David s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institutefor over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Good people beget good people.”
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, intensive care unit, nurse, nurse rn, psychatric, recovery, registered nurse, surgical, transitional
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.