Amazon is seeking an Indirect Tax Manager (VAT, GST) based in Seattle, to join the Tax Department and support Amazon’s international digital and retail expansion plans.
This position interacts with the company’s retail business units, as well as many other businesses. The candidate must be able to communicate complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with a high level of collegiality, functioning as an indirect tax adviser. The candidate should have knowledge of global VAT / GST systems and be comfortable liaising with various business teams within the company and with other members of the global tax department.
* Researching advanced international indirect tax issues – working with taxing authorities and outside advisers as necessary – as part of a tax team involved in support of business initiatives.
* Assist with developing and evaluating planning opportunities providing benefit to the company.
* Assist with developing strategic and operational implementation work plans and ability to measure results against plans.
* Assists with implementation of agreed-upon indirect tax strategies and projects.
* Managing and coordinating tax requirements for existing and new program launches.
* Managing tax positions by providing relative tax guidance to appropriate businesses and working to build a relationship and understanding with the business so that adherence is maintained.
* Reviewing financial data for proper application of tax laws and advising on development and maintenance of accounting systems which provide tax information required to be reported.
* Maintaining and communicating knowledge of past, present and potential future tax laws, regulations, rulings, procedures and court decisions.
* Assisting with managing relationships with outside tax consultants and regulatory authorities on an ongoing basis.Basic Qualifications
* 7+ years of experience in global, indirect tax transactions (VAT/GST), with a public accounting firm, major law firm, or in industry.
* Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or 10+ years of experience in global, indirect tax transactions (VAT/GST), with a public accounting firm, major law firm, or in industry.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.