Website Air National Guard Units
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience which is directly related to the position to be filled and which has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. GS-11- Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Resume must have complete dates and hours worked per week for each occurrence of both civilian and military employment (Example: 2 JAN 1980 to 3 MAR 1981; 0800-1630 M-F or JAN 1980 to MAR 1981; 40 hrs/wk) Use of year only will result in disqualification. The duties listed must fully substantiate -in your own words- that you meet the minimum requirements and specialized experience listed above, in detail; otherwise, you will not be considered qualified for this position. Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Your experience will be evaluated on the basis of duties performed. Your record of experience and/or training must show possession of the following knowledge, skills and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position: – Knowledge of IT network systems design principles, methodologies, and approaches used in developing, testing, installing, operating, managing, and maintaining network services that support functional requirements.
– Knowledge of the organization’s network architecture, topology, and protocols sufficient to plan, design, develop, and integrate network systems and security plans and procedures consistent with existing or planned network infrastructures.
– Knowledge of methods, techniques, and processes for the integration and optimization of LAN/WAN components, infrastructure requirements, and test and evaluation methods sufficient to install and operate base wide programs and provide technical guidance to others in designing, testing, operating, and maintaining network programs.
– Knowledge of a wide variety of established commercial network design programs and how they interrelate and function within various environments.
– Skill in applying IT network development concepts and techniques to provide computer applications which provide optimal functional support for users.
– Ability to analyze functional IT network system requirements, translate findings into functional requirements, develop supportable recommendations for enhancement, and apply a wide range of methodologies and tools.
– Ability to serve as a team leader or member of special projects and to coordinate and document the work of the team.
– Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
– Ability to maintain an up-to-date awareness of technological advances and predict how management can meet future requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.