Website REQUEST TECHNOLOGY - CRAIG JOHNSON
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Global Firm is currently seeking a Kafka Cloud Engineer. Candidate will perform a range of activities required to both maintain and continuously automate a large, complex virtualization and cloud-based computing environment. In addition, you will provide technical guidance within the team on kafka and when called upon, serve as a technical liaison between internal departments. This will involve utilizing best practices for the management, architecture, configuration, DR, administration, and automation of the enterprise server virtualization environment with cloud technologies.
- Provide professional input to the organization for cloud and virtualization end-to-end architecture and IaaS, as well as PaaS and SaaS solutions such as AWS RedShift
- Develop and maintain a library of deployable, tested, and documented automation design scripts, processes, and procedures
- Enable DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as Docker, Kafka and container management systems
- Provide advanced Kafka administrative support
- Design, configure, implement and support an automated workflow for cloud and virtual environment provisioning, with a particular focus on Kafka clusters.
- Implement production changes during defined maintenance windows and support on call rotation
- Perform cloud computing and virtual environment build-outs, software installation, maintenance and support
- Write and maintain documentation of relevant operating procedures and processes
- Design, develop, and build the business’s cloud infrastructure architecture
- Strong experience with Confluent’s Kafka Products and Platforms
- [Working knowledge of infrastructure design and components, such as: Servers, operating systems, networks, and storage (basic) and (advanced) knowledge of Confluent Kafka.
- Experience with architecting, implementing and maintaining highly available mission critical environments for 24/7 availability
- Experience working in an environment with a defined production change control process
- [Demonstrates history of working within deadlines and ability to work well under pressure
- Hands-on experience with: Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka, Github, OpenShift, and configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Relevant experience with configuration and implementation of IaaS, Infrastructure as code, AWS.
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification or higher strongly desired
- Relevant industry certifications such as Confluent Certified Administrator for Apache Kafka
- Certificates or Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.), or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 3+ years experience in IT systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of virtualized Servers/cloud systems and Kafka systems.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobvertise.com.