Website REQUEST TECHNOLOGY
*We are unable to sponsor for this role*
*All Employees must be Covid-19 Vaccinated.*
*Hybrid, 2 days onsite, 3 days Remote*
A prestigious company needs a Lead Endpoint Computing Engineer. This is a long-term contract. This engineer will support 950 Microsoft Office and Windows platforms, PC and Macintosh workstations. This engineer will be responsible for asset life cycle, PC, Mac and VDI management, general Workstation support, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, vulnerability remediation strategy, patch management, system OS and third-party software upgrades, project work, application management and leveraging endpoint security best practices
- Provide best-in-class support and excellent customer service to end users of all technical skill levels.
- Perform root cause analysis of complex Workstation issues and identify permanent resolutions and preventative steps.
- Perform R&D on new products and techniques to improve efficiency and performance in the environment specifically Microsoft Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) and Jamf.
- Install, patch, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Workstation and VDI software.
- Experience in developing hardened Windows OS and MAC iOS images based upon a Center for Internet Security (CIS) policy framework; experience should also include measuring and reporting on the degree of compliance for each CIS policy.
- Closely monitor the Ivanti Service Manager ticket queues handling Incidents, Service Requests and Tasks.
- Meet and exceed service levels for incidents, tasks and Service Requests as defined in the Service Level Agreement policy.
- Develop Workstation and software upgrade/release roadmaps to take full advantage of the most current features and security capabilities.
- Strive for continuous improvement of Workstation, VDI and application delivery methods.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for Windows OS, Apple/Mac iOS Workstation, JAMF Enterprise Management, and Citrix XenApp Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) software.
- Build and manage virtual and physical machines through provisioning systems such as SCCM, JAMF, PDQ, vCenter and Ninite.
- Direct all technical efforts for Workstation build automation, performance tuning and system monitoring.
- Bachelors or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in technical support OR three (3) or more years of experience as a Lead Endpoint Computing Engineer.
- Three (3) or more years of experience with enterprise Workstation management solutions, preferred License/Certifications: TIA Security, MSCE or relevant certified professional certifications preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong working knowledge of Citrix XenDesktop VDI software.
- Knowledge of Edge, Chrome and Firefox browser configurations and management.
- Experience deploying Windows 10, Windows 11, and Office 365 feature updates.
- Experience creating and modifying Group Policies.
- Experience in developing and using PowerShell Scripting in a Windows Endpoint Computing environment.
- Demonstrated advanced Workstation troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced Workstation vulnerability and compliance remediation administration.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge/support of Macintosh environments.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge and understanding of networking and communication technologies, including TCP/IP protocol, remote access methods, Firewalls and wireless protocols.
- Previous experience implementing CIS Workstation standards.
- Previous experience with the deployment and management of Microsoft Intune.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Previous experience with Carbon Black Application Control Solutions.
- Previous experience using Insight VM Rapid 7 vulnerability management tools.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Microsoft’s Active Directory.
- Advanced knowledge and use of Scripting tools such as PowerShell.
- Previous experience using the following management tools; Applocker, Bitlocker, PDQ, Ninite, Asset Panda.
- Experience managing Citrix and VMWare/vCenter environments.
- ITIL Foundations Certified.
- Advanced Windows OS and O365 computing knowledge.
- Advanced Knowledge of Application Packaging and deployment
To apply for this job please visit www.jobvertise.com.