Website Methodist Hospital
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Licensed Master Social Worker – Oncology with Methodist Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Methodist Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Licensed Master Social Worker – Oncology to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse Case Manager you will be responsible for promoting patient-centered care by coordinating the plan of care for the patient stay, managing the length of stay, ensuring appropriate resource management, and developing a safe appropriate discharge plan in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you. We want you to apply now!
What you will do in this role:
- You will provide case management services for both inpatient and observation patients as assigned.
- You will identify patients who are at risk for adverse outcomes during the transition from one level of care/setting to another.
- You will perform a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial, medical, and discharge needs of patient/family along with an assessment of resources appropriate and available to the patient/family.
- You will reassess the patient s clinical condition as indicated. You will consider patient s readmission status or risk of readmission and develop strategies to mitigate including education on appropriately accessing healthcare resources, preventative education, and community based resources.
- You will coordinate the plan of care and drive the discharge plan by collaborating with the multidisciplinary health care team and in particular with the patient s physician to facilitate a successful care transition.
- You will partner with Social Services to ensure the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate.
What qualifications you will need:
- 2+ years experience in case management OR 3+ years experience in clinical nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) of practice according to law and regulation
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it.”
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Licensed Master Social Worker – Oncology opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: ancmg, cancer, hem onc, hematology, lah, oncology, physician md, physician md do, radiation, thedacare
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.