Website SOLSTICE CONSULTING GROUP
Solstice Consulting Group is seeking a Logistics Manager for an energy & environmental equipment manufacturer client based in Austin, TX.
7+ years experience in Logistics/SCM and supplier negotiation required; Bachelors Degree preferred
HYBRID ROLE (3-4 days per week in North Austin office)
Base salary up to $110k DOE plus 15% bonus opportunity and benefits
Manage, coordinate and execute activities necessary for domestic and international shipments of new-equipment projects and aftermarket orders as required. To provide logistics support for new bids by owning activities such as reviewing and providing comments on Incoterms and providing budgetary estimates. To manage the relationships with freight forwarders and shipping companies. To inspect and monitor performance of Logistics vendors and subcontractors. The individual in this role will be the logistics subject matter expert for the organization with knowledge in areas such as Incoterms, international trade matters related to logistics and compliance with US laws and regulations.
- Coordinate logistics activities with Operations and Project Managers while working with and directing 3rd party freight forwarders and internal plant shipping staff (both domestic and international).
- Responsible for reviewing logistics requirements and developing a plan, soliciting competitive bids, and selecting a vendor.
- Responsible for reviewing necessary documents such as packing lists and letters of credit.
- Responsible for coordinating and developing commercial invoices.
- Arrange transport of equipment, finished projects, and aftermarket parts to customer locations.
- Participate in selection and approval of freight forwarders and other shipping companies.
- Proactively communicate with internal and external stakeholders throughout the process; ensure completion with proper transfer of custody documentation stored on files.
- Develop, maintain, and audit packaging and shipping guidelines by partnering with company representatives and 3rd party manufacturing facilities.
- Develop freight forwarder base, negotiate pricing contracts, monitor performance, and maintain relationships to ensure company continues to receive best overall value.
- Advise proposals, project management and procurement teams on best use of Incoterms in given situations for optimization of freight cost/delivery.
7+ years experience in Logistics/SCM and supplier negotiation required
Bachelors Degree preferred but not required
Domestic and international logistics and compliance experience required
Experience in the oil & gas or similar industry equipment manufacturer preferred
Proficient PC Skills (MS Office, ERP etc)
To apply for this job please visit www.jobvertise.com.