Our Client is a fast growing, premier producer of high quality dips & sauces. They serve up a broadly diversified portfolio of retail branded, food service, and private label offerings. They partner with great food companies to offer full-service operational solutions. They bring over 150 years of combined food manufacturing experience to our enterprise. They believe that great food comes from passion, quality ingredients and good people.
Reporting to the maintenance manager, we are seeking a jack-of-all trades maintenance technician to join our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for facility and grounds upkeep and may work alone or with a crew. You must be a well-rounded individual who can perform on a variety of equipment units, perform building maintenance, and assist with basic facility upkeep.
The maintenance technician is accountable for:
– Repair malfunctioning equipment units and broken structures
– Perform electrical systems maintenance
– Conduct light carpentry/structural maintenance and repairs
– Install and maintain ventilation and refrigeration units
– Inspect alarm systems – Maintain plumbing systems
– Quality check equipment regularly to ensure everything is in working order
– Perform peer-to-peer inspections on work performed by our other maintenance technicians
– Read blueprints and survey structures on grounds
– Create inspection and repair schedules
– Act as on-call handyman when needed
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
– Experience with technology maintenance required
– Experience working in a food manufacturing environment a plus
– Thorough working knowledge of facility equipment units, their usage, and safety procedures
– Completion of an apprenticeship under a professional maintenance technician a plus
– Strong critical thinking and creative skills
– Detail oriented and organized
– Ability to manage time and responsibilities independently
– Must have a flexible schedule
– Current documentation that you are legally authorized to work in the U.S.
– Ability to demonstrate our core values always
– A commitment to personal, team and company success
– Dedicated to performing your job with efficiency, quality and pride
– Self-motivated and proactive
– Attention to detail
Pay Range $16-$21 depending on experience
Meet Your Recruiter
Austin was hired into the GSG family in September of 2019 as a Business Solutions Placement Specialist. As a BSPS, Austin was geared towards placing Clients through Goodwill Careers and Technical Academy GCTA in the TechHire and General Motors grants. These grants funded the PC Technical training course for Clients to obtain their CompTIA A+ certification. Austin was promoted to recruiter in February of 2020, where he is now focused on fostering relationships with candidates and connecting them to meaningful work with employers in our private and state divisions.
Austin graduated at The University of Texas at Austin in 2014 with a bachelor’s degree in African and African Diaspora Studies. Spending most of his college career-enhancing African American leadership on campus, volunteering to mentor at-risk youth, serving minority communities in Austin area and campus ministry development. After college, Austin worked for a J-1 visa sponsorship company placing thousands of international students for work and travel opportunities. Later, starting his own business being coached to developing assets online and training entrepreneurs in personal development and leadership skills. In his spare time, Austin likes to play basketball, hanging with friends, salsa/bachata dancing and watching horror movies.
- Connect on LinkedIn
Associated topics: athletic, crew, hardscaper, ice, irrigation, landscape, landscaping, podadore, pruner, rug
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.