Website Packaging Corporation Of America
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers – large and small – package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People Customers Trust
We are seeking applicants for a Maintenance B on 2nd shift (1 Opening) in our Akron, Ohio facility.
- Work as part of a team in support of a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasing productivity; decreasing downtime.
- Assume active role in overall plant and facilities-related work. Position requires assisting all jobs on the plant floor.
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out procedures.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Be passionate about maintaining a safe work environment.
- Able to pass pre-employment background and drug test.
- Have knowledge and practical application experience in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance.
- Welding to include MIG and ARC.
- Understanding of electrical schematics and documentation.
- Strong electrical background in Industrial Electrical Controls as well as Mechanical abilities.
- Willingness to pursue ongoing technical training to enhance capabilities.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Must have own tools.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience in a packaging or other manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Familiar with conveyors and pumps.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be willing to work closely on a day-to-day basis with other production personnel.
- Ability to share ideas with others to solve problems of essential importance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of machines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
All qualified applicants must apply at www.packagingcorp.com/employment
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Associated topics: automotive, customer service, diagnose, field service, field service technician, maintenance, malfunction, mechanical, repair, upgrade
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.