Macy s is proudly America s Department Store. There s a reason we ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy s is also known for giving back to our communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Our industry-leading Asset Protection team uses the latest technology and analytics tools to reduce shortages and protect Macy s bottom line. Develop your skills with opportunities to specialize in areas such as Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset Protection Training. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to excellence and leadership development.
Oversee all aspects of Security and support company profit objectives and customer service goals. In addition to perform other duties as assigned.
* Oversee all aspects of the Security operations in support of the company profit objectives and customer service goals.
* To protect and monitor company assets, alarms, property, employees, and visitors through the enforcement of Company and Security Policies.
* Hire, train and supervise the Security Staff.
* Communicate with Facility Management and MSC Asset Protection on shortage/security issues. Recommend solutions as necessary.
* Identify causes of shortage within the building to include the investigation of possible internal and/or external dishonest activity.
* Insure that all Corporate Security Policies and Procedures are being followed.
* Secure and monitor the movement of trailers in and out of the facility.
* Any other responsibilities management deems essential.
* Responsible for the management of Security fulfillment operations including but not limited to staff communications, staff balancing and work assignments, work scheduling and processing, throughput levels, and processing standards.
* Development and management of departmental budgets.
* Responsible for ensuring that department meets or exceeds performance requirements in the areas of safety, shortage, cost control, quality, processing standards, flexibility, reliability, customer service and execution to plan.
* Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
* Manage and develop direct reports toward individual growth and performance excellence.
* Ensure consistent, thorough timely communication to subordinates, peers and senior management.
* Write and conduct performance appraisals for security staff.
* Provide a safe work environment for staff. Develop and enforce safe work practices.
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
*Qualifications and Competencies:*
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelor’s Degree from 4-year college or university preferred
* 3-5 years direct experience
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience.
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
* Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
* Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
* May occasionally involve reaching above eye level, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
* Must be able to apprehend shoplifters
* Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in surveillance areas.
* Frequently lift/move up to 30lbs
*This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[SFPC Art. 49]( here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9]( here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[PC Ch. 9-3500]( here.*
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.