Website REQUEST TECHNOLOGY - ROBYN HONQUEST
Manager, Server Administration (Linux)
SALARY: $140k – $170k plus 15%
Chicago – On Site 3 days a week
Looking for a manager with strong background in Linux administration. AWS Cloud RedHat EMC Storage CICD Terraform Jenkins Artifactory GitHub Automation Ansible Python Large enterprise environment financial industry a big plus.
Lead a team highly talented Linux engineers to facilitate the administration of the environment. Provide team leadership required to support a large, complex Linux based computing environment and an increasing transition to infrastructure in Cloud. Assist in driving infrastructure as code mentality throughout the organization and demonstrate a passion for automation concepts and tools. Provide mentoring and direction to the team on DevOps and automation. Utilize customer service skills while acting as a technical resource to internal departments and system users.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage day to day operations of highly virtualized Linux compute infrastructure
- Provide status reporting (availability, performance capacity utilization)
- Create and maintain process & policy documentation
- Drive automation of Linux systems
- Ability to communicate well and manage a team located in multiple cities
- Good consultative, communication, analytical, and judgment skills
- Strong background in Compute (Linux) administration
- Working knowledge of Virtualization and Storage infrastructure
- Working knowledge and experience in Cloud Infrastructure
- Linux Systems (Redhat and Amazon linux)
- EMC storage
- VMWare virtualization
- Cloud technologies (AWS)
- CI/CD (Terraform, Jenkins, Artifactory, Github)
- Automation (Ansible, Python)
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Compute (Linux) administration
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Cloud technologies and CI/CD technologies
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing people and leading projects.
- Experience in a regulated/financial industry a plus
To apply for this job please visit www.jobvertise.com.