Website American Red Cross
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to become a Manufacturing Technologist II for the American Red Cross!
Manufacturing Technologist II perform advanced manufacturing, processing, and test procedures. Interpret test results. Comply with safety policies and procedures in the work area and use applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and body fluids. Comply with the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA). Manufacturing Technologist II also interpret test results before releasing blood to area hospitals. All tasks are performed in highly regulated environment. Successful Manufacturing Technologist II will have a strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus and the ability to treat both internal and external customers with compassion at all times.
Manufacturing Technologist II – Responsibilities
- Perform and interpret various testing procedures on donor specimens, and blood products. Repeat tests where appropriate.
- Perform, review, and approve quality control on products, reagents, equipment, and various test kits. Maintain the required records and files.
- Know and ensure compliance with applicable ARCBS directives, Federal and state regulations, and local policies and procedures pertaining to blood banking and safety. Adhere to quality assurance procedures and good manufacturing practice.
- May assume supervisory functions for QC processes.
- Perform low – high complexity manufacturing procedures.
- Assist laboratory and regional staff in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Participate in the validation of hardware, software, instrumentation, test kits, and procedures as directed. Assist with the maintenance, repair, and validation of laboratory equipment.
- Perform additional reviews of regulated documents, logs and forms as directed.
- Perform supervisory review of manufacturing records.
- May be a project lead.
- Remain flexible to work a variable schedule that includes weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our hospitals
- Take care of your team members show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Manufacturing Technologist II position describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, MT (ASCP) degree or equivalent certifications plus satisfactory performance as a Laboratory Technologist I, or Bachelor’s degree in science plus three years’ experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment required. Must meet State and CLIA requirements.
- Physical requirements may include standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. The ability to lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. You may work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.