Website UTMB Health
High School Diploma or GED and no experience. Valid driver’s license required. Must complete Motor Vehicle Safety Course with 6 month of hire.
Supports all aspects of the UTMB Supply Chain Management Logistics Division. Perform basic clerical and manual tasks involved in the verification, receipt, storage, issuance and delivery of materials, supplies and equipment (medical / surgical & non-medical / surgical).
- Ensures accuracy of the inventory within the Materials Management Warehouse, the Hospital Materials Management storeroom(s) and/or in unit supply rooms (PAR locations / Point of Use technology).
- Prepares and assists in cycle count verifications and annual inventory.
- Consistently exhibits a commitment to accomplish fill rate objective.
- Processes all incoming supplies and equipment and monitors the quality assurance inspections of all items received by ensuring the receipts are checked for missing items, damaged items, expired items and/or wrong items and reports all discrepancies.
- Responsible for the proper storage of supplies for stock, adheres to any special handling instructions, ensures locations and quantity on hand are correct.
- Fills customer request / order for stocked materials and supplies (medical / surgical & non-medical / surgical), ensuring order accuracy.
- Executes the distribution of materials and supplies (medical / surgical & non-medical / surgical), to include, but not limited to, the Point of Use program, to the UTBM System.
- May perform the turn-in of excess, expired, or damaged supplies and equipment.
- Provides customers service support to the department by assisting customers, answering phones and processing requests.
- Works safely and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Keeps current and up to date with all required training and staying current in field of expertise.
- Works with multiple work teams to meet outcomes beneficial to the customer needs.
- Develops and maintains effective partnerships with internal and external customers to proactively understand customer needs.
- Operate standard materials handling equipment – this may include forklift operations if assigned to the Warehouse.
- Utilize email and Internet for work related communications.
- As needed, maintains vehicle usage log, inspects condition of tires, checks oil, tops off the fuel once per week, maintains vehicle cleanliness inside and out, and reports any needed maintenance.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) with the staff, management, and customers.
- Ability to use a computer, both desktop and handheld.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Manual dexterity and memory are critical to this function.
- This job requires the ability to lift up to 63 lbs. floor to knuckle and 50 lbs. knuckle to shoulder.
Actual salary commensurate with experience.
Wednesday through Sunday 7am-4pm.
Standard office equipment. Operate standard materials handling equipment – this may include forklift operations if assigned to the Warehouse. If assigned to the Warehouse must obtain Forklift Certification within 6 month of hire.
Specific job requirements or physical location of some positions allocated to this classification, may render this position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions of Section 51.215, Texas Education Code.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.