Website CHI St. Vincent Health
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
1. Specimen Collection/Processing/Testing: Follows laboratory procedures for specimen collection, handling, processing, test analysis, reporting and maintenance of records of patient test results as authorized by the supervisor. Monitors test systems for proper performance and accuracy regarding reporting of test results and reports problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting results – 40% of the time
2. Quality Control: Performs quality control procedures, instrument function checks and any necessary calibration
and maintenance procedures. Follows established laboratory safety guidelines. With minimal assistance, completes procedures within established time frames. Correlates complete sample data prior to reporting results and documents irregularities. Monitors quality control results to assure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained. With appropriate experience, may review cumulative QC, submit data and evaluate intra and inter lab results and maintain lot specific QC data – 20% of time
3. Documentation: Maintains records to ensure proper documentation of activities and results. Documents all
corrective actions taken when tests systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications – 10% of time
4. Quality Assurance: Performs quality assurance on laboratory testing. Quality Assurance areas include turn
around time verification, sample evaluation, and others as defined in the Quality Assurance Policy – 10% of time
5. Information systems: Enter data accurately and in accordance with laboratory policies. Retrieves results and
information. Maintains patient confidentiality – 5% of time
6. Equipment Maintenance: Operates various complex instrumentation. Performs preventative maintenance
protocols. With minimal assistance, investigates and corrects equipment malfunction. Records appropriate documentation – 5% of time
7. Education: Participates in continuing education opportunities. Demonstrates technical procedures to laboratory
personnel as requested by supervisor – 5% of time
8. Materials Management: Performs inventory, ordering, receiving and stocking of designated supplies as directed
by section supervisor – 5% of time
9. Supervision: May be required to act as a general supervisor, as defined by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement
Act of 1988, in the absence of other laboratory management personnel. – <5% of the time.
For all new employees hired after October 10, 2012.
Required: Bachelor of Science or post-graduate degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology or Physical Science or
Associate degree in a laboratory science, or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution or have education and training equivalent to that includes at least 60 semester hours, or equivalent, from an accredited institution that at a minimum include either 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses or 24 semester hours of science course that 6 semester hours of chemistry; 6 semester hours of biology; and 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology, or medical laboratory technology in any combination.
1. Graduation from an accredited Medical Technology Program or at least one year of experience in a clinical, analytical, or environmental laboratory.
2. Registered (or registry eligible*) with a nationally accredited certifying agency (e.g. American Society of Clinical Pathology, American Medical Technology, etc.)
*NOTE: Registry eligible employees are expected to complete and pass all requirements for certification within one year of employment. Failing to meet this requirement within one year will result in the termination of employment with CHI St. Vincent Health System.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Associated topics: lab, medical laboratory science, microbiology, mls, mlt, sample collection, sterile processing technician, technician i, technician ii, technologist
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.