Website Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posting Note: This Medical Assistant position works in our fast-paced ENT department. This position will cover both Administrative MA duties 2-3 days each week, and then Clinical MA duties the remaining portion of the week. Responsibilities include inbound phones, FMLA paperwork/School Notes, in-depth chart preparation, orders follow-up, patient intakes, fast and efficient rooming and discharge, and any other administrative duties for your assigned Physician(s). ENT Medical assistants assist with in-office procedures including diagnostic laryngoscopy, nasal endoscopy, and other minor procedures. Interested applicants must be willing to travel to our Main Campus in Phoenix as well as our East Valley offices. Schedule: Monday- Friday, 7:30-5 pm (8-hour shift) Requirements: Medical Assistant Diploma and an RMA or CMA certification (no substitutes are accepted for these certifications), and a minimum of 3 years’ MA experience. If you have 5 years of MA work experience, the certification requirement will be waived. ENT experience is a plus but not required. Locations: Rosenberg Medical Plaza, 1920 East Cambridge Avenue Suite 201 Phoenix, AZ 85006 Mesa Odyssey Park – 2045 S.Vineyard, Ste 137, Mesa AZ and Mercy Gilbert, 3370 Mercy Rd, Ste 108, Gilbert, AZ 85297
This position works under the direction of a licensed health care professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks for the assigned area.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed by a physician, performs or assists with procedures such as electrocardiogram, pulmonary function, suture and staple removal, dressing changes, and others.
- Collects laboratory specimens (including blood specimens), performs point of care testing, and disposes of bio-hazardous materials.
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand washing and standard precautions.
- Prepares and administers medications, communicates telephone prescriptions to pharmacies, and processes medication refills as directed by a physician.
- Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic tests, medications, special diets, and health maintenance.
- Records and communicates patient related information, including vital signs, growth parameters, medical histories, signs, and symptoms, to the physician or licensed health care provider.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Associated topics: bilingual, care, family medicine, family medicine physician, family practice, general practice, hospitalist, nocturnist, provider, urgent care
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.