Website St. David's Medical Center
Are you ready to manage in a new era as a Medical Surgical Nurse Manager where building a healthier tomorrow is more than a job? Our St. David’s Medical Center team is committed to partnership, innovation, legacy and improving more lives in more ways. Share your resume today.
We are committed to providing our executives the support they need. At St. David’s Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Our teams are dedicated to improving human life. Each year about five percent of all U.S. hospital services happen at an HCA Healthcare facility. Be an impact as a(an) Medical Surgical Nurse Manager where your passion for leading and creativity are valued? We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Nursing Manager will be responsible for the clinical and financial outcomes of designated clinical unit/units. Acts as a representative of the Director of Nursing and Administration. Collaborates with Director of Nursing and Clinical Nurse Coordinators to ensure competent, cost effective patient care.
- You will ensure accuracy and completeness of paperwork for patient and employee incident reports and medication error report. Forward paperwork to DON/designee within 24 hours of incident.
- You will ensure completion of Performance Improvement reports on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- You will facilitate involvement of staff in Performance Improvement activities.
- You will assist with development of unit budget. Ensure accurate and complete Patient Services.
- You will interpret hospital and personnel policies to physicians, nursing staff, patients, visitors, and other health care providers.
- You will facilitate staff development and orientation of new employees.
- You will attend monthly staff meetings on each shift to share and receive information.
- You will provide follow up with physician and patient/family issues.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-3 years in a clinical setting
St. David s Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women s services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David s Medical Center is part of St. David s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits St. David s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Across HCA Healthcare s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.”
If this is the kind of dynamic growth opportunity that compels you, apply for the Medical Surgical Nurse Manager role. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care unit, coronary, intensive, intensive care unit, mhb, psychiatric, staff nurse, surgery, unit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.