Website Trident Medical Center
SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
$7,500 Sign-On Bonus for qualified candidates
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Blood Bank Medical Technologist today with Trident Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Trident Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs.
Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
Student Loan Repayment
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Trident Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Blood Bank Medical Technologist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
As a Blood Bank Medical Technologists are responsible for providing patients and physicians with accurate and timely results to aid them in diagnosis and treatment of patients. The Blood Bank Medical Technologist performs tests and reports results of requested laboratory procedures.
What you will do in this role:
* You will perform all approved laboratory procedures in assigned areas of licensure, which may require a high degree of theoretical knowledge and technical expertise in licensed areas
* You will be empowered to exercise independent judgment under minimum to moderate degree of supervision.
* You will demonstrate skills in performing routine procedures, interpreting results and taking appropriate actions when necessary, organizing workload to achieve efficiency and report results in a timely manner according to patient needs.
* You will exercise judgment to determine the acceptability or rejection of results according to standards set for tests, and request assistance when needed from more experienced medical technologists or technical manager.
* You will perform, record, and document corrective action when quality control results are not within defined limits and adhering to the established policies, procedures and CAP proficiency guidelines.
* You will follow best practice methodologies prescribed, demonstrating your skill and ability to following laboratory compliance policies and procedures.
* You will ensure that the proper operation for high-quality test performance is achieved by performing daily maintenance, while ensuring an awareness of supply stock and replenishing methods.
* You will practice infection control by careful hand washing and by wearing personal protective equipment, for the safety of patient and self, while maintaining a well-kept work area.
This is a FT day shift position and requires every 3rd weekend rotation.
* BS in Medical Technology or Baccalaureate degree plus completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Technology program
* Hospital laboratory experience preferred
Trident Medical Center is a 330-bed major medical center providing a comprehensive range of services and specialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospital s specialty services include an award-winning Heart Center, the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Trident Breast Care Center and the Joseph M. Still Burn Clinic, the region s only outpatient burn clinic offering services to patients of all ages. Trident Medical Center offers Critical Care Services and 24/7 hospitalist and intensivist programs. For more than 40 years Trident Medical Center has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties. Trident Medical Center is a five-star recipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safety outcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data featured in the Healthgrades 2019 Report to the Nation.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: ascp, lab, medical laboratory science, pathology, sample collection, services, technician, technician laboratory, technologist, testing
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.