Website UT Health Tyler
Advancing Healthcare Together The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, TX is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our UT Health Tyler hospital is seeking an experienced Medical Tech/Medical Laboratory Tech. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in our Laboratory where you will be responsible for:
- Collect specimens, perform tests and maintain proper documentation
- Assist Lab Manager in maintaining compliance with hospital and regulatory entities by keeping documentation up-to-date and review Quality Control on all tests performed
- MT: BS in Medical Laboratory Science or BS in related science, with approved clinical laboratory training
- MLT: AS degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, with approved clinical laboratory training
- One year experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Good problem solving skills
- A personal demeanor that exemplifies courtesy and empathy
- Basic personal computer skills and comfort with Microsoft Windows operating system; database and word processing skills required
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to embrace the client relationship to guide decisions and actions
- Demonstrates good team work
Certification and Licensure:
- Registered with recognized Laboratory organization such as ASCP or AMT with in 6 months of hire
- Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and policies
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about people.
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the better together.
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the best.
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the whole.
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver excellence.
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as efficient as possible.
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get there and why.
- Must be able to perform work considerable standing and walking
- Must be able to perform work-requiring visual acuity.
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Associated topics: medical, medical laboratory science, medical technologist, pathology, services, sterile processing technician, surgical technologist, technician iii, technician lab, technologist
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.