Website Chippenham Hospital
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a work environment as a Medical Technologist where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Johnston-Willis Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we want to ensure our employee’s needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefits eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Technologist like you to be a part of our team.
Our Medical Technologists (MT) perform assigned laboratory tests in specialty departments to include Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Blood Bank, Serology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, and Microbiology. By conducting laboratory tests and procedures, you will help to provide data for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- Day-to-day duties include complex analysis of microscopic, immunologic, biologic, bacteriologic, hematologic, and chemical tests and their results.
- You will also be responsible for specimen receiving and putting away supplies when received in the department.
- You will troubleshoot/resolve instrument problems and document corrective action in appropriate log and when necessary, perform instrumentation repairs.
- Assure that quality control is properly performed and logged and follow proper department procedure for corrective action.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to train new employees and/or students.
- You will actively participate in phlebotomy and the accession responsibilities.
Johnston-Willis Hospital, a 292-bed acute care facility, is located in the upbeat, North Chesterfield area, a short drive from Chesterfield Town Center, offering an abundance of restaurants and shops. Johnston-Willis Hospital is an HCA facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Johnston-Wills Hospital Awards and Designations
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
- Top Performer on surgical care, perinatal care, pneumonia, heart attack, and hip and knee replacement
- Johnston-Willis Hospital performs more da Vinci robotic surgeries than any other single facility in Central Virginia
- First Hospital in Virginia to be designated as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery (COERS) by the Surgical Review Corporation
- Bachelor s Degree in Medical Technology or related science required; Associate s degree with MT certification from a nationally accredited association will be accepted in lieu of Bachelor s Degree.
- MT registry or eligible. Successful completion of MT registry within 6 months of eligibility or hire.
- ASCP or equivalent is preferred.
- Full Time / 40 hours per week
- Night Shift to include rotating weekends and holidays
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Medical Technologist opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: medical technologist, mls, molecular, pathology, scientist, services, surgical technologist, technician, technician i, technician iv
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.