Website UT Health Tyler
- Performs MRI procedures in order to aid in the diagnoses and treatment of disease.
- Performs MRI procedures on appropriate anatomical regions in accordance with accepted standards of practice and protocols of UT Health.
- Complete and sign Patient Screening for and explain the procedure to the patients.
- Maintain patientcare, comfort and safety during transport to and from the imaging table.
- Maintain technical competency through continued education.
- Administer contrast agents according to protocols.
- Cooperate with facility healthcare personnel and comply with facility policies and procedures.
- Completes requests to dispense equipment and supplies and assists in maintaining and processing patient charge records and maintaining department inventory.
- Maintain current licensure.
- Perform equipment quality checks and troubleshoot problems.
- Maintain a clean environment inside and outside of the MRI scan room.
- Complete necessary administrative tasks as necessary.
- Follow quality assurance guidelines.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an AMA approved school of radiologic technology
- Preferred completion of a certified college MRI training program
- Knowledge and ability to operate all equipment and perform all MRI procedures as normally required
- 2 to 3 years as a diagnostic technologist
- Basic Life Support within 90 days of hire date
- Must be registered with ARRT or be registry eligible and obtain registry within 18 months of hire.
- Must be able to interact with patients, coworkers, and healthcare team members in an autonomous, responsible, professional and ethical manner.
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about people.
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the better together.
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the best.
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the whole.
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver excellence.
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as efficient as possible.
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get there and why.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time while completing work on a computer
- Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
- Ability to move throughout the workplace
Associated topics: laboratory, medical technologist, mls, mlt, molecular, scientist, technician, technician ii, technician iii, toxicology
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.