Website Dish Network
DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We’re doing it by building the country’s first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it’s a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the changing world.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
DISH Wireless is seeking a Network Engineer to design and engineer effective and scalable network systems that ultimately contribute to the success of our 5G network. The successful candidate will participate in evaluation, testing, selection and deployment of foundational network elements for a nationwide greenfield 5G network buildout. He or she will provide advanced technical leadership for complex project work, including functional subsystem upgrades for mission-critical network devices and services as well as strategic upgrades to the network. In this role, you will:
- Effectively communicate engineering solutions through detailed high- and low-level diagrams;
- Design, plan and implement complex LAN/WAN/RAN configurations at nationwide scale;
- Establish requirements and provide analysis for network specifications, design, partitioning and architecture definition;
- Provide advanced expertise in the development of network test, validation and integration plans on projects and assurance of network integrity;
- Work independently with vendors to understand, test and drive new innovative features.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Ideal Network Engineer candidates have:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/computer Engineering preferred;
- 2+ years of professional experience in large enterprise or carrier space;
- Professional networking certifications a plus – CCNA/CCNP/CCIE or equivalent;
- Public cloud certifications a plus – advanced networking, cloud network engineer or equivalent.
Successful Network Engineer candidates have extensive knowledge in:
- IP routing across a multi-site, hierarchical architecture;
- Architecture, design and engineering of automation for zero-touch-provisioning, configuration management and operating software management;
- Network configuration scripting with Perl, Python, Bash and Ansible;
- Design and implementation of automation tools;
- Configuration hardening of network and peripheral devices;
- IPv6 (SLAAC and DHCPv6);
- Server virtualization (VMWare, Openstack).
Compensation: $65,800.00/Year – $94,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.