Website Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posting Note: In the state of AZ, Phoenix Children’s Hospital is the only accredited EEG Laboratory. This Neurodiagnostic Technologist I is an entry to mid-level position in the Neurodiagnostic department. The Neurodiagnostic Technologist I performs routine and complex EEG procedures according to facility policy and procedures; maintains patient safety during clinically significant events, and other related duties. Communication skills, compassion, empathy, and the ability to work independently are needed for this position. This position will provide you with work experiences that will increase your knowledge and grow your skillset while serving the children and their families. Schedule: M-F 3:00 – 11:00 Location: 1919 East Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016 Requirements: Enrollment in or graduation from a Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Education Programs (CAAHEP) accredited Electroneurodiagnostic (END) Program, an Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in health care/science, Training in EEG at an Accredited Health Care Facility and eligible for ABRET EEG board exam Preferred: One year EEG experience, which may include student clinical rotation or Six months EEG experience which may include student clinical rotation and passed part I of the EEG certification board exam.
The Neurodiagnostic Technologist I, is an entry to mid-level position in the Neurodiagnostic department. The Neurodiagnostic Technologist I performs routine and complex EEGs procedures according to facility policy and procedures; maintains patient safety during clinically significant events, and other related duties. Communication skills and team work are essential for this position. The Neurodiagnostic Technologist I works under the clinical and technical supervision of the Lead Neurodiagnostic Technologist and department Manager.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Performs procedures appropriate to the competence and credentials of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist ( EEG T., R. EEG T.)
- Provides a safe recording environment.
- Establishes rapport with the patient and the patients family; evaluates the patient, secures adequate history and physical information for the reading physician.
- Performs patient assessment as related to care, such as electrode fixation, product allergies, movement restrictions, and cognitive function; knows and recognizes drug and physiological status effects on activity monitored.
- Performs the EEG procedure according to the guidelines set forth by the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society (ACNS).
- Communicates appropriately and effectively with patient and health care staff to convey the purpose of the EEG and answer questions regarding the procedure.
- Understands why and how to maintain correct electrode connections; identifies and performs basic and intermediate technical troubleshooting and artifact identification and elimination.
- Understands and follows concepts of digital equipment and electrical safety within the EEG unit; has knowledge of alternate montages, protocols, and alternate equipment settings and their effects should they be applied.
- Maintains continuing education and competencies; Acquires new competencies relative to industry standards in Electroneurodiagnostics.
- Maintains continuing education by reviewing literature and attending educational meetings for the latest accepted practices and electrical safety relevant to equipment and testing.
- Continued education: cross-trains in other modalities; works towards registry in Electroneurodiagnostics; works towards registry in other modalities.
- Participates in orienting and mentoring new team members and working with EEG students.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Associated topics: blood collection, lab, medical, medical laboratory science, microbiology, mlt, pathology, scientist, sterile processing technician, technician iii
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.