Website St. David's South Austin Medical Center
St. David’s HealthCare is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for a Critical Care New Grad RN Resident position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
At St. David’s HealthCare we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David’s Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Cohort Start dates: September 27 and October 10, 2022
Critical Care RN Residency Tracks include: Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Neuro ICU, Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU), Shock Trauma Intensive Care Unit (STICU), Trauma Care Stepdown Unit
These RN Residency positions are available at the following hospitals:
- South Austin Medical Center
- St. David’s Medical Center
- Heart Hospital of Austin
- North Austin Medical Center
- Round Rock Medical Center
- St. David’s Georgetown Hospital
The Graduate Nurse Resident is a registered nurse participating in a specified training program which is standardized based on area of specialization. The training includes orientation, combined with unit based, precepted clinical experiences and didactic instruction. The Graduate Nurse Resident is under the direct supervision of their Preceptor and Nursing Unit Supervisor. According to hospital policies and procedures, by the direction of their Preceptor, the Resident assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for assigned patients.
- Immersion Residency: 9 to 25 weeks (depending on specialty)
- Initial 3 week on-boarding, including Nursing Orientation, Immersion Orientation, education, and initial unit on-boarding
- Remaining 6 to 22 weeks structured to allow the majority of time to be spent on the unit of hire, with a trained preceptor
- Specialty education with clinical experts as well as general clinical development
You only need to apply to one open residency position – a recruiter will contact you and discuss all available openings at different facilities in different departments.
What qualifications will you need:
- Associate s Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred
- Experience as a Patient Care Technician or CNA in an acute care setting preferred
- Must pass NCLEX exam and have a current Texas RN License verifiable on the Texas Board of Nursing website, prior to your first day of employment OR have a current Graduate Nurse permit. If joining SDH on a Graduate Nurse Permit, you will be required to schedule and pass your NCLEX within your first 30 days of employment.
- Current Basic Life Support certification from American Red Cross or American Heart Association required
St. David s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits St. David s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Across HCA Healthcare s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.”
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Critical Care New Grad RN Resident opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: ambulatory, domiciliary, infusion, intensive care unit, neonatal, nurse, nurse clinical, recovery, surgical, transitional
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.