Website St. David's Healthcare
Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at St. David’s HealthCare have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) New Grad RN Resident Emergency Department you can be a part of change.
St. David’s HealthCare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) New Grad RN Resident Emergency Department. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Cohort Start dates: September 26 and October 10, 2022
These Emergency Room RN Residency positions are available at the following hospitals:
- South Austin Medical Center
- St. David’s Medical Center, Downtown
- Heart Hospital of Austin
- North Austin Medical Center
- Round Rock Medical Center
- St. David’s Georgetown Hospital
The Graduate Nurse Resident is a registered nurse participating in a specified training program which is standardized based on area of specialization. The training includes orientation, combined with unit based, precepted clinical experiences and didactic instruction. The Graduate Nurse Resident is under the direct supervision of their Preceptor and Nursing Unit Supervisor. According to hospital policies and procedures, by the direction of their Preceptor, the Resident assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for assigned patients.
- Immersion Residency: 9 to 25 weeks (depending on specialty)
- Initial 3 week on-boarding, including Nursing Orientation, Immersion Orientation, education, and initial unit on-boarding
- Remaining 6 to 22 weeks structured to allow the majority of time to be spent on the unit of hire, with a trained preceptor
- Specialty education with clinical experts as well as general clinical development
- You only need to apply to one open residency position – a recruiter will contact you and discuss all available openings at different facilities in different departments.
What qualifications will you need:
- Associate s Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred
- Experience as a Patient Care Technician or CNA in an acute care setting preferred
- Must pass NCLEX exam and have a current Texas RN License verifiable on the Texas Board of Nursing website, prior to your first day of employment OR have a current Graduate Nurse permit. If joining SDH on a Graduate Nurse Permit, you will be required to schedule and pass your NCLEX within your first 30 days of employment.
- Current Basic Life Support certification from American Red Cross or American Heart Association required
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits St. David s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it.”
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our New Grad RN Resident Emergency Department opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care unit, coronary, domiciliary, infusion, intensive, intensive care, nurse clinical, staff nurse
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.