Website St. David's Healthcare
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) New Grad RN Resident in Inpatient Rehab you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s HealthCare which is a part of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David’s HealthCare, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at St. David’s HealthCare!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Cohort Start dates: September 27th and October 10th, 2022
Inpatient Rehab RN Residency positions are available at the following hospitals:
- St. David’s Medical Center, Downtown
- St. David’s Georgetown Hospital
The Graduate Nurse Resident is a registered nurse participating in a specified training program which is standardized based on area of specialization. The training includes orientation, combined with unit based, precepted clinical experiences and didactic instruction. The Graduate Nurse Resident is under the direct supervision of their Preceptor and Nursing Unit Supervisor. According to hospital policies and procedures, by the direction of their Preceptor, the Resident assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for assigned patients.
- Immersion Residency: 9 to 25 weeks (depending on specialty)
- Initial 3 week on-boarding, including Nursing Orientation, Immersion Orientation, education, and initial unit on-boarding
- Remaining 6 to 22 weeks structured to allow the majority of time to be spent on the unit of hire, with a trained preceptor
- Specialty education with clinical experts as well as general clinical development
- After you apply, you will receive an invitation to complete a Health Care Staff Assessment. Please complete this step as soon as possible to continue in the selection process.
- You only need to apply to one open residency position – a recruiter will contact you and discuss all available openings at different facilities in different departments.
What qualifications will you need:
- Associate s Degree in Nursing – Employee must enroll in a RN to BSN program within first year of employment and graduate with BSN within three years of enrollment date
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred
- Experience as a Patient Care Technician or CNA in an acute care setting preferred
- Must pass NCLEX exam and have a current Texas RN License verifiable on the Texas Board of Nursing website, prior to your first day of employment OR have a current Graduate Nurse permit. If joining SDH on a Graduate Nurse Permit, you will be required to schedule and pass your NCLEX within your first 30 days of employment.
- Current Basic Life Support certification from American Red Cross or American Heart Association required
St. David s HealthCare, which is oneof the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.David s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and twolocal non-profits St. David s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
St. David’s Rehab Hospital is Austin’s first and largest comprehensive rehabilitation hospital. It embodies 64 rooms over three floors. Specialties include: amputee, heart failure/LVAD, Traumatic Brain Injury, Stroke/Young Stroke, and Spinal Cord Injuries (traumatic and non-traumatic). Nursing skills include: IVs, PICC/Central Lines, Trachs, Ports, LVADs, Wound/Ostomy Care, NG/PEG/JG Tubes, Blood Administration, Cardiac Medications, etc.
St. David’s Georgetown Hospital Inpatient Rehab offers an acute care inpatient rehabilitation center with a 22-bed capacity. Our rehab center has a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care and treats patients with the following diagnoses: Traumatic brain injuries, CVA, amputations, trauma, MVA, encephalopathy, myopathy, and many others. We are the 2nd largest inpatient rehabilitation center in St. David s, and the only inpatient rehabilitation center in Georgetown. Our unit places a strong emphasis on team work and mutual support to achieve shared goals.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.”
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our New Grad RN Resident Inpatient Rehab opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, care, infusion, maternal, neonatal, psychatric, psychiatric, recovery, unit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.