Website Las Palmas Medical Center
$15,000 Sign On Bonus
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Las Palmas Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) New Grad RN Resident MS Ortho Surgical to join our healthcare family.
Las Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Las Palmas Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life for life and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our New Grad RN Resident MS Ortho Surgical opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The HCA Nurse Residency Program will provide education, support, and guidance to new graduate nurses as they begin their careers in HCA Healthcare hospitals. A year-long, extensive clinical orientation (StaRN) and professional development curriculum for new graduate nurses culminates in an evidence-based capstone project.
StaRN Cohort Start Date: Combo 07/11/22, 07/25/22, 10/10/22
Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses (StaRN)
The StaRN Program provides the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in today s hospital environment. StaRN will assist the graduate nurse with the transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- Didactic training: introduces nurses to core curriculum and hospital initiatives in a classroom setting
- Simulation training: reinforces nursing skills learned in a didactic setting
- Hands-on training: preceptorship training with a facility preceptor in the nursing unit
- The typical schedule during the first portion of the StaRN is Monday through Friday, 8-hours a day, 40 hours a week, and can include a weekend day during the holidays.
- The preceptorship portion of the program consists of three 12-hour shifts per week and every other weekend at the hospital, following the preceptor s schedule.
- Certifications achieved: BLS, ACLS, CPI, EKG, NIH Stroke Scale, Meditech Modules, and specialty-specific certifications
- Attendance is mandatory for the entire program.
- Program acceptance requires a minimum of two (2) years, full-time commitment to the hospital. Residents may be obligated to repay a pro rated portion of the educational costs should they break that commitment.
Professional Development Program (remainder of the 1st year):
- Paired with a trained mentor for integration and socialization into the culture of professional nursing
- Frequent resident seminars following a core curriculum for professional development
- Completion of an evidence-based poster presentation
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Recent graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 12-months.
- If ADN must enroll in BSN program within a year of starting
- Current Texas RN license required before program start or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active Texas RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- Previous medical or service industry experience is highly desired but not required.
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required.
Las Palmas Medical Center is a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region s only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women s services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient’s family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual.”
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our New Grad RN Resident MS Ortho Surgical opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: care, hospice, intensive care, mhb, nurse, psychatric, recovery, staff nurse, surgery, surgical
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.