Website St. David's Surgical Hospital
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David’s HealthCare our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a Surgical Services New Grad RN Resident to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David’s HealthCare, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
At St. David’s HealthCare, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life for life and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our New Grad RN Resident Surgical Services opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Cohort Start dates: September 27 and October 10, 2022
Surgical Services RN Residency Tracks include: Pre and Post Cath Lab Procedure, Operating Room, Endoscopy, Outpatient Surgery, PACU
Theses RN Residency positions are available at the following hospitals:
- South Austin Medical Center
- St. David’s Medical Center
- Heart Hospital of Austin
- North Austin Medical Center
- Round Rock Medical Center
- St. David’s Georgetown Hospital
The Graduate Nurse Resident is a registered nurse participating in a specified training program which is standardized based on area of specialization. The training includes orientation, combined with unit based, precepted clinical experiences and didactic instruction. The Graduate Nurse Resident is under the direct supervision of their Preceptor and Nursing Unit Supervisor. According to hospital policies and procedures, by the direction of their Preceptor, the Resident assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for assigned patients.
- Immersion Residency: 9 to 25 weeks (depending on specialty)
- Initial 3 week on-boarding, including Nursing Orientation, Immersion Orientation, education, and initial unit on-boarding
- Remaining 6 to 22 weeks structured to allow the majority of time to be spent on the unit of hire, with a trained preceptor
- Specialty education with clinical experts as well as general clinical development
- After you apply, you will receive an invitation to complete a Health Care Staff Assessment. Please complete this step as soon as possible to continue in the selection process.
- You only need to apply to one open residency position – a recruiter will contact you and discuss all available openings at different facilities in different departments.
What qualifications will you need:
- Associate s Degree in Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred
- Must pass NCLEX exam and have a current Texas RN License verifiable on the Texas Board of Nursing website, prior to your first day of employment OR have a current Graduate Nurse permit. If joining SDH on a Graduate Nurse Permit, you will be required to schedule and pass your NCLEX within your first 30 days of employment.
- Current Basic Life Support certification from American Red Cross or American Heart Association required
St. David s HealthCare, which is oneof the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.David s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and twolocal non-profits St. David s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institutefor over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient’s family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual.”
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our New Grad RN Resident Surgical Services opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: coronary, infusion, intensive, mhb, nurse rn, psychiatric, registed, registered nurse, staff nurse, transitional
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.