Website St. David's Healthcare
St. David’s HealthCare is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for New Grad RN Resident Women’s Services position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
St. David’s HealthCare offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David’s HealthCare!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Fall Cohort Start date: October 10, 2022
Women’s Services RN Residency Tracks include: Labor & Delivery, Postpartum/Mother Baby, Antepartum
Theses RN Residency positions are available at the following hospitals:
- South Austin Medical Center
- St. David’s Medical Center, Downtown
- Heart Hospital of Austin
- North Austin Medical Center
- Round Rock Medical Center
- St. David’s Georgetown Hospital
The Graduate Nurse Resident is a registered nurse participating in a specified training program which is standardized based on area of specialization. The training includes orientation, combined with unit based, precepted clinical experiences and didactic instruction. The Graduate Nurse Resident is under the direct supervision of their Preceptor and Nursing Unit Supervisor. According to hospital policies and procedures, by the direction of their Preceptor, the Resident assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for assigned patients.
- Immersion Residency: 9 to 25 weeks (depending on specialty)
- Initial 3 week on-boarding, including Nursing Orientation, Immersion Orientation, education, and initial unit on-boarding
- Remaining 6 to 22 weeks structured to allow the majority of time to be spent on the unit of hire, with a trained preceptor
- Specialty education with clinical experts as well as general clinical development
- You only need to apply to one open residency position – a recruiter will contact you and discuss all available openings at different facilities in different departments.
What qualifications will you need:
- Associate s Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred
- Experience as a Patient Care Technician or CNA in an acute care setting preferred
- Must pass NCLEX exam and have a current Texas RN License verifiable on the Texas Board of Nursing website, prior to your first day of employment OR have a current Graduate Nurse permit. If joining SDH on a Graduate Nurse Permit, you will be required to schedule and pass your NCLEX within your first 30 days of employment.
- Current Basic Life Support certification from American Red Cross or American Heart Association required
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits St. David s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Across HCA Healthcare s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.”
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our New Grad RN Resident Women’s Services opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, hospice, intensive, intensive care, nurse clinical, nurse rn, recovery, surgical, unit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.