Website Medical City Dallas
SHIFT: No Weekends
Are you looking for a work environment as a Nurse Manager of Pediatric ICU where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Medical City Dallas today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the Medical City Healthcare team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Medical City Dallas, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Nurse Manager of Pediatric ICU for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The Manager for PICU accepts responsibility for all department functions in support of the mission, vision, values and facility goals. The manager is an RN and accepts responsibility for critical thinking decisions within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
- Accept responsibility for patient safety of the PICU clinical practice environment.
- Integrate the management of information and effective communication skills in daily practice.
- Build on the ANA Standards of Care and Standards of Professional Practice .
- Serve as liaison to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others.
- Construct decisions to support the continuity of care and the coordination of care across the care settings.
- Recognize the role of the manager to maintain high quality age & developmental specific care for pediatric population
- Create PICU Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Integrate collaborative practice and working relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
- Accept responsibility for management of multiple levels of personnel (including supervisory positions), payroll, budget, capital, business plan, and physician relationships.
- Serve as liaison for hospital, community and other institutions.
- Organize / Supervise human and material resources.
Medical City Dallas is an award-winning, 899-bed hospital recognized for its leading-edge medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Located in Dallas, Texas, the medical team consists of more than 1,700 physicians, many of whom are world-renowned experts in their fields. Medical City Dallas offers hospitals that specialize in the care of children, women, and adults, as well as the heart and spine. Together we form a team that is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Nurse Manager of Pediatric ICU opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Bachelor s Degree in Nursing, required
- Advanced degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing, supervisory positions, and physician relations, preferred.
- RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS provider
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- The Manager of PICU completes individualized training and continuing staff development through the orientation process and competency assessment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care, hospice, infusion, intensive, intensive care, mhb, nurse rn, transitional
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.