Website UT Health Tyler
Advancing Healthcare Together The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health – East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, TX is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Nurse Manager Responsibilities:
Responsible for the operations, personnel and financial management of department(s). Supports the director in achieving optimum performance by ensuring continuity and quality of service and care through the management of overall day-to-day operations.
Adheres to policies, procedures, and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
Nurse Manager Education and Experience job Requirements;
Minimum: Bachelors degree or progressive nursing/management experience
Desired: Masters degree in Nursing/Business or equivalent
Ability to influence, motivate, manage, train, direct, counsel and develop staff; communication and positive employee relation skills; knowledge of regulatory standards for compliance
Minimum: Three (3) years previous job related experience.
Desired: Five (5) years previous job related experience with supervisory experience preferred.
CPR; Valid TX Nursing license or TX compact license (within 90 days of hire)
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about people.
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the better together
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the best.
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the whole.
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver excellence.
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as efficient as possible.
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get there and why.
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time while completing work on a computer
- Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
- Ability to move throughout the workplace
Associated topics: assistant director, chief, critical, critical care, director, lead, line, manager, rgn, services manager
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.