Website BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE
Provides patient medical care by assessing, diagnosing, treating, and evaluating responses to treatment in a variety of illnesses, infections, and injuries in accordance with the Texas Board of Nursing APRN Scope of Practice and federal requirements and guidelines. Provides education and counseling to promote health wellness and facilitate disease prevention.
What is Expected (Essential Job Functions)
1. Assesses the physical condition of patients by performing and obtaining comprehensive or problem-focused physical examinations and medical histories.
2. Orders, collects, interprets, and evaluates laboratory and other diagnostic tests to assess patient problems and health care needs.
3. Prescribes, recommends, and/or employs medical drug therapies or other forms of related therapeutic treatments and procedures in accordance with approved protocols/policy and with attention to efficacy, safety, and cost. Recommends interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
4. Formulates and implements comprehensive outcomes-based patient care plans based on patient assessments, scientific rationale, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines. Evaluates the patient s response to the health care provided and the effectiveness of care.
5. Counsels patients and families regarding medical processes, management of the health illness/condition, medication, nutrition, and health promotion. Counsels patients about drug regimens and possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as food supplements, over-the-counter medications, and herbal remedies.
6. Maintains appropriate records detailing the patient s treatment plans and outcomes. Initiates timely consultation and referral when the problem exceeds scope of practice and/or expertise.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities to include symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
2. Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions.
3. Verbal and written communication skills.
4. Critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
5. Skill in the use of computers and related software applications.
6. Interpersonal and customer service skills.
7. Ability to develop and implement comprehensive outcomes-based patient care plans.
8. Ability to counsel patients concerning medical conditions, treatment plans, and behavior modification.
Location/Facility [Enter Facility Name] (i.e. Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano)
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Specialty/Department/Practice [Enter Spec/Dept/Prac] (i.e. Critical Care, Radiology, Family Care)
Shift/Schedule [Enter Shift & Schedule] (i.e. Days, Nights, PRN or Weekends; 30 hours/week_full-time_part-time)
Benefits Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
EDUCATION – Grad of an Accredited Program
EXPERIENCE – Minimum/no experience required
Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Registered Nurse (RN)
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.
Associated topics: anesthetist crna, assistant cna, bsn, cnm, crna, family, locum, nurse specialist, practice, rnp
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.