Website St. David's South Austin Medical Center
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Nursery Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life for life and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Nursery Registered Nurse opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in Newborn Nursery, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care for assigned patients. You will collaborate with other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patient care plan, and will continuously monitor and assess the patient s physical, emotional, and social needs. You will work to refine the plan of care to ensure achievement of desired goals for the patient.
* You will perform physical patient assessments and reassessments
* You will assess patient and family learning needs, and provide education on the security, health, and well-being of the neonate
* You will formulate a plan of care, including expected outcomes and discharge planning, alongside interdisciplinary team members
* You will assess the infant and report changes to appropriate unit personnel
* You will assist in high-risk deliveries and resuscitation alongside Nurse Practitioner
* You will assist with newborn care at birth and perform the neonatal assessment
* You will report abnormal conditions and/or behaviors in the newborn to the Clinical Nurse Coordinator and Physician
* You will perform safety checks each time the neonate is released to care of parent/guardian
* You will complete and document discharge instructions and take the infant with the parent to transportation upon discharge
* You will assist in neonatal transport by obtaining consent, transfer, and physician orders, and assisting the transport team in stabilization care
What qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Acute care experience preferred
* Associate s degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. David s Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required per St. David s Healthcare policy
* Registered Nurse, Certified in Inpatient Obstetrics (RNC OB) preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David s South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David s HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area s only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David s South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient’s family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual.”
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Nursery Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, bsn, hospice, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse, nurse rn, recovery, surgery
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.