Website Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Henrico Doctors’ Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that consists of five community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat Doctors’ Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center.
Our Forest campus is a 340-bed community hospital located in Richmond, VA. Our team at Forest specializes in heart and stroke care, women’s health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We’re also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and, as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
- 63rd on Fortune s 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World s Most Ethical Companies
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement)
- Student Loan Assistance Program (up to $100 per month)
- Obtains a medical history from patient/family charts. Updates medical record as needed. Provides education for patients and family members regarding diagnosis, treatment, side effects, and follow-up
- Assesses patients under treatment for current side effects. Instructs patients/families how to manage side effects including skin care, nutrition, etc…
- Coordinates patient care within the hospital as well as with physician offices
- Participates in weekly quality assurance chart review
- Coordinate/assists with brachytherapy procedures. Provide education to patient and family as needed
- Teaches wound care to patient/family
- Provides support to patient/families. Encourages and promotes problem solving skills with patients and family members. Regularly discusses patient issues and concerns with the Cancer Center Social Worker and enlist their support in an effort to assist the patient/family as needed
- Prep charts for consults, reevaluations, and follow ups to maintain a current and complete patient chart
- Maintain a patient database of pending treatment, test and/or procedures. Review those items as completed and communicate to MD patient status. Put in place appropriate actions as instructed by the MD
- Triages patient/family phone calls
- Assist with patient registration, scheduling patients and obtaining insurance authorization as needed
- Communicates effectively with peers, ancillary departments, MDs and all other customers
- Promotes and models teamwork. Applies critical thinking to all aspects of nursing role
We d love to tell you more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team!
- Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current license as a RN in the State of Virginia
- Preferred: BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN program
- Required: One year of Oncology nursing experience and two years of med/surge nursing
Licensure / Certification
- Required: Current Registered Nurse license in Virginia or a compact license
- Required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Preferred: OCN certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, coronary, domiciliary, intensive, neonatal, nurse, psychiatric, registered nurse, surgery
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.