Website St. David's Surgical Hospital
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David’s Surgical Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as an Operating Room Charge Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
St. David’s Surgical Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Operating Room Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The St. David s HealthCare Registered Charge Nurse (CN) supervises Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses and other non-licensed nursing personnel. As a full partner of the healthcare team, the CN collaborates with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patient s plan-of-care and goals of the department. The CN serves as a professional role-model and interfaces directly with patients, families, physicians and staff. The CN utilizes physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patient s nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The CN continues to monitor and assess the patient s physical condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes. Under the general supervision of the unit s Director, Manager or Nursing Supervisor the CN assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts.
- Ensures implementation of operational standards which promote the maintenance of patient rights including but not limited to: Informed consent. Clarification of patient expectations. Explanation of treatment processes. Maintenance of confidentiality of patient information. Maintenance of patient privacy by minimizing exposure during all procedures. Adaptation of care to all ages of patients served. Ethical considerations. Handling of patient complaints.
- You will ensure implementation of operational standard which promote maintenance of patient rights including but not limited to: Informed Consent. Clarification of patient expectations. Explanation of treatment processes. Maintenance of confidentiality of patient information. Maintenance of patient privacy by minimizing exposure during all procedures. Adaptation of care to all ages of patients served. Ethical considerations. Handling of patient complaints.
- Maintain communication with other members of the management team regarding potential/actual problems or concerns, and with Medical Staff issues. Assists with establishing and maintaining communication channels with Medical Staff and other departments in the hospital.
- Supervised personnel providing direct patient care with delegation of activities based on patient care needs and competencies of available patient care staff.
- Assumes responsibility for resolving and/or channeling employee grievances according to appropriate procedures.
- Collaborates and give input on staff schedules for final approval from Unit Manager.
- Self-assigns patients and functions as necessary based on patient needs and available resources on unit.
- Rounds on patients during the shift.
- 1 year Operating room environment
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
License and Certifications
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David s Healthcare policy
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per SDH policy
St. David sSurgical Hospital is a destination surgical facility located in north Austin,Texas. A campus of St.David s North Austin Medical Center, this hospital features 40 inpatientrooms, several operating suites, pre-op and PACU bays, and an intensive care unit(ICU). The campus specializes in orthopedic, neurological, bariatric, gynecological, and urologicalsurgeries, but includes services such as imaging and pharmacy.
St. David s Surgical Hospital is part of St. David s HealthCare, which is one of thelargest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David sHealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local nonprofits St. David s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Good people beget good people.”
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Operating Room Charge Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: bsn, care, intensive, intensive care, intensive care unit, mhb, neonatal, psychatric, recovery, transitional
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.