Website St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David’s North Austin Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as an Operating Room Charge Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At St. David’s North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Operating Room Charge Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The St. David s HealthCare Registered Charge Nurse (CN) supervises Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses and other non-licensed nursing personnel. As a full partner of the healthcare team, the CN collaborates with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patient s plan-of-care and goals of the department. The CN serves as a professional role-model and interfaces directly with patients, families, physicians and staff. The CN utilizes physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patient s nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The CN continues to monitor and assess the patient s physical condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes. Under the general supervision of the unit s Director, Manager or Nursing Supervisor the CN assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts.
- Ensures implementation of operational standards which promote the maintenance of patient rights including but not limited to: Informed consent. Clarification of patient expectations. Explanation of treatment processes. Maintenance of confidentiality of patient information. Maintenance of patient privacy by minimizing exposure during all procedures. Adaptation of care to all ages of patients served. Ethical considerations. Handling of patient complaints.
- You will ensure implementation of operational standard which promote maintenance of patient rights including but not limited to: Informed Consent. Clarification of patient expectations. Explanation of treatment processes. Maintenance of confidentiality of patient information. Maintenance of patient privacy by minimizing exposure during all procedures. Adaptation of care to all ages of patients served. Ethical considerations. Handling of patient complaints.
- Maintain communication with other members of the management team regarding potential/actual problems or concerns, and with Medical Staff issues. Assists with establishing and maintaining communication channels with Medical Staff and other departments in the hospital.
- Supervised personnel providing direct patient care with delegation of activities based on patient care needs and competencies of available patient care staff.
- Assumes responsibility for resolving and/or channeling employee grievances according to appropriate procedures.
- Collaborates and give input on staff schedules for final approval from Unit Manager.
- Self-assigns patients and functions as necessary based on patient needs and available resources on unit.
- Rounds on patients during the shift.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: Graduate from an accredited nursing program or current enrollment in an Alternative Entry MSN program; minimum of 6 months experience in a Staff RN role
Preferred: Bachelor s Degree; 1 year experience in Staff RN role and charge experience
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Required: Current Texas RN License or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State. New hires have 90 days from start date to obtain Texas RN License; BCLS certification as per SDH policy
Preferred: ACLS certification as per SDH policy, PALS certification
St.David s North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas withmore than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David s Children s Hospital, St. David s Women sCenter of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional servicesoffered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology andneurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David s HealthCare, which is oneof the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.David s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and twolocal non-profits St. David s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institutefor over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Good people beget good people.”
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Operating Room Charge Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: ccu, coronary, domiciliary, intensive care, intensive care unit, maternal, psychiatric, surgery, transitional, unit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.