Website K44 CONSULTING LLC
Operations Supervisor – Savannah GA
Our client is a premier distributor in the building products industry and is searching for an experienced Operations Supervisor.
SUMMARY: The Operations Supervisor is directly responsible for the day to day supervision of the warehouse operation, leading, managing, and assigning the work for operations. Ensures the timely and accuracy of inbound receipts and material putaway, inventory replenishments, and outbound shipments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for assuring all functions on the shift are properly staffed to execute varied work volumes for approximately 15-30 employees in a 700,000 square foot facility.
2. Provide direct supervision to the shift Leads and front line associates. Hold them accountable for their performance and the performance of their teams.
3. Supervise realignment activities to ensure maximum optimization of the facilities staffing.
4. Manage operational efficiencies to ensure continuous improvement activities support goals.
5. Ensure on-time shipping performance; work closely with direct reports to ensure receipts and shipments meet quality and accuracy standards.
6. Provide Leadership, training, trouble shooting, mitigation to issues, and guidance to team.
7. Continuously work towards increasing the leadership capability of the team and drives professional growth and development.
8. Responsible for all facility/equipment up keep, maintenance, and supplies.
9. Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment and overseeing safety compliance.
10. Provides critical communication to internal and external customers.
11. Performs frequent warehouse audits to ensure work procedures and functions meet compliance.
12. Maintain and manage housekeeping.
13. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the organization.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Sit down and Stand up forklift experience a plus.
2. Able to use tablets (IPad), WMS, and navigate Internal Portal.
3. Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel knowledge.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Education required
College degree a plus
Three (3) to Five (5) years of supervisory experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Strong leadership skills, ability to coach, mentor, analyze data, and develop effective solutions
Excellent oral and written English language communication skills with all levels of the organization
Provide high levels of customer service to both Internal and External customers
Good organizational skills from all aspects of the operations
To apply for this job please visit www.jobvertise.com.