Website Colonial Group
The Colonial Family has moved forward together since 1921. Our success in diverse markets is attributable to our exceptional people, who work collectively to create opportunities for our customers and our companies. By consistently investing in the development of our people, we ensure our management, operations, and support teams work seamlessly to deliver the best service in their respective industries.
With the growth of all of the Colonial companies, we look for talented, motivated individuals who want to become part of a company with a culture driven by diversity, innovation, and ingenuity.
This position will be responsible for ensuring the products we receive have been approved for storage and segregated according to the hazardous chemical compatibility chart, as well as ensuring that all CCS loaded trailers are blocked and braced according to DOT rules and regulations. The position may be called upon to perform additional functions that are deemed necessary by management.
- Pull orders according to the bill of lading, product code and lot number.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for shipping and receiving.
- Load route trucks.
- Rotate product when new product is received.
- Segregate drums and totes according to class and compatibles/incompatibles.
- Operate forklift according to OSHA rules and CCS standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2 years minimum relevant work experience (e.g. production, loading, unit maintenance) in a chemical plant, manufacturing environment, or military is required.
- Forklift experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient in math, English language reading comprehension, and mechanical reasoning with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills .
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift 50lbs, stand, climb, push and pull, grasp, stoop and crouch, sit, reach, walk, determine color, smell, and listen/hear. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Colonial Group, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our organizations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $18.00
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.