Website University of Richmond
Facility Supervisor – 473402FS
Serves as Facility Manager (FM) during scheduled shifts to resolve challenging situations that may impact the operation of facilities and programs. Supervises student and part-time employees working in facility and program areas and ensures employee compliance with departmental policies and procedures. Performs facility and equipment inspections during each FM shift, and enforces facility policies. Serves as point of contact to resolve customer service challenges, and is point of contact during emergency situations to ensure emergency action plans are followed.
- Serves as Facility Manager (FM) during scheduled shifts to resolve challenging situations that may impact the operation of facilities and programs.
- Supervises student and part-time/temporary employees working in facility and program areas and ensures employee compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs facility and equipment inspections during each FM shift, and enforces facility policies.
- Serves as point of contact to resolve customer service challenges, and is point of contact during emergency situations to ensure emergency action plans are followed.
- Circulates throughout the Weinstein Center during shift and maintains a visible presence in the facility.
- Serves as the main point of contact for on-the-job training of new Facility Supervisors to include teaching the building opening, closing and daily operations.
- Reports maintenance and other repair needs to appropriate staff. Take action as needed (i.e. calling University Facilities or submitting work orders)
- Assists with administrative reports such as facility inspections and participation numbers.
- Follow and enforce all emergency procedures in compliance with the risk management plan. Comply with all University Recreation employee guidelines.
- Attend and participate in departmental employee training programs. Facilitate periodic in-service trainings for employees.
- Advocates for awareness, understanding and the diversity and inclusion of all people in University Recreation facilities, programs and communications while providing a commitment to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds. Advocates for the educational and cultural benefits of providing diversity and inclusion in University Recreation.
- Strong interpersonal skills for relating by telephone, greeting visitors and maintaining confidentiality
- General knowledge of recreation, athletic or fitness facility operations
- Ability to read, interpret and enforce policies and procedures
- Ability to resolve disruptive situations and maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to perform basic computer functions including internet searching, email, word, excel; must be able to learn Recreation Management software to perform Member Service functions
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at University of Richmond
- Current CPR/AED certification required within 30 days of employment. Certification required before approved to work independently as the Facility Manager On-Duty in the Weinstein Center for Recreation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Health, Sport Management or related field preferred, but may be substituted with appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities
- Previous experience in recreation and facility supervision is preferred
- Part-time, non-exempt position
- This position is considered limited term not to exceed two years
- Hours may be scheduled between 6:00 AM – midnight, Monday-Sunday on an as-needed basis; peak periods are summer and during break/holidays
- This position works less than 1,000 hours per year
Pay Grade 2 (Hiring Range $14.70 to $17.29 per hour)
The University of Richmond requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff. The University allows exemptions to this requirement for religious, medical and strong personal conviction reasons. All newly hired employees must report their status within the first two weeks of employment.
At the University of Richmond, we’re creative, inclusive, and determined. We’re Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond ( www.richmond.edu ) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There’s only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
Compensation type: Hourly
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.