Website Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Patient Care Tech today with Methodist Hospital Metropolitan.
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Patient Care Tech. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the PCT s skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCT complies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
What you will do in this role:
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, intake and output, calorie counts, and other patient information as outlined by policy.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges. Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and timely transfer of specimen.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Serves as Monitor/Telemetry Tech for the unit as needed.
- Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan houses 370 bed. We house the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women s pavilion is the only freestanding, center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies. We welcome nearly 3,000 newborns into the world each year. We are home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center. We have been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence .
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare. For the fifth consecutive year we are recognized as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality. We received a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are proud to be an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. We were the premier Texas hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. Join our accredited team today.
“The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient’s family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual.”
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Patient Care Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: blood collection, lab, medical, pathology, scientist, sterile processing technician, surgical technologist, technician i, technician iv, testing
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.