Website TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Patient Care Technician – 2nd Floor Medical today with TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At TriStar Southern Hills, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Patient Care Technician delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of basic services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, the Patient Care Tech has an important role in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care that complies with hospital policies and the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
- You will obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Providing or assisting with non-medicated support care, including non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of heat or ice, and venous compression devices is core to your role.
- You must orient patients/families/caregivers to room and the hospital routine.
- You will assist patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and changing bed linens.
- In this role, you will perform hourly rounding and respond promptly to call lights and patient requests striving to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
- You will perform clerical work as needed, including assembling/maintaining charts, filing, answering/transferring phones, and relaying messages.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Patient Care Technician opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, preferred
- CNA Training Program, preferred
- 1+ years of experience in an acute care setting, preferred
- CNA certification with the state or Fundamentals of Nursing Course at accredited school, preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required within 30 days of hire date
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care, ccu, coronary, domiciliary, infusion, nurse clinical, recovery, surgery
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.