Website UT Health Division
Advancing Healthcare Together The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Athens, TX and Jacksonville, TX are small towns with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Works under moderate supervision of nursing and medical staff to perform all duties of a PCT I, which include assisting patients with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, eating, and other ADLs. Observes patients progress to prepare and disseminate reports to Registered Nurse or other medical staff. Obtains and records patients’ vital signs and collects specimens for lab tests. Provides basic patient transport and housekeeping duties. Additionally, this position measures and records patients’ intake and output and other measurements in accordance with unit routines, assists patients with range of motion, and draws blood.
**Candidate will be able to choose if they would like to float to more than one facility and has the option to self schedule with several choices for minimum amount of shifts per schedule.**
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in partnership with the registered nurse to support the delivery of care in a safe patient environment that promotes caring and healing.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and skills necessary to communicate appropriately and carry out delegated tasks for patients under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Document data as directed, and report observations and patient concerns to the registered nurse.
- Ensure all safety precautions are observed including making sure call light is within reach, bed alarms are used as appropriate, side rails are up, bed is in lowest position, seat belts are in place, etc.
- Obtain and record patients’ vital signs.
- Monitor patients and report patients condition at regular intervals and prior to completion of shift, and promptly report any signs or symptoms of concern to appropriate party.
- Ensure accurate documentation of observations and interventions in the medical record.
- Respond promptly to all call lights.
- Assist patients with mobility and basic tasks, such as bathing, dressing, eating, and other ADLs.
- Collect specimens for lab tests.
- Provide basic patient transport.
- Provide basic housekeeping duties as needed.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly environment for patients and staff.
- Assist in preparing and stripping rooms as needed.
- Participate in Purposeful Hourly Rounding and Bedside Shift Report as directed.
- Perform direct and indirect patient care duties as assigned and may provide clerical support to assigned unit.
- Maintain unit records and orders/stocks routine supplies for the unit.
- Measures and records patients’ intake and output and other measurements in accordance with unit routines and as directed by registered nurse.
- Assists patients with range of motion.
- Performs and demonstrates proficiency in phlebotomy.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS (CONTINUED):
- High School or GED.
- 2 years’ experience in acute or long-term care preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in phlebotomy preferred.
- Competent to perform in at least two general areas of practice (cross trained and cross competent to cover more than one hospital service, role, or function).
Certification and Licensure:
- Must have BLS certification within 30 days of hire or transfer into position.
- Completion of approved CNA, PCT, or paramedic (EMT-P) certification which includes BLS, or currently enrolled in nursing school preferred.
- Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and policies
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about people.
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the better together.
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the best.
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the whole.
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver excellence.
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as efficient as possible.
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get there and why.
- Work involves frequent sitting, walking, lifting, and bending.
- Ability to stand and work for long periods of time Ability to stand and work for long periods of time while completing work on a computer.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Exposure to infectious disease on a constant basis
- Exposure to unpleasant working conditions or undesirable elements, some of which are potentially hazardous or harmful, and which may require exercise of well-defined precautions for protection from injury or illness
- Potential for cuts, bruises, and muscle strains
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and to work irregular hours
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care unit, intensive care unit, nurse clinical, registed, registered nurse, surgical, tcu, transitional, unit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.