Website TriStar Skyline Medical Center
SHIFT: Weekends Only
At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Patient Safety Attendant / Patient Sitter today with TriStar Skyline Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Skyline Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Patient Safety Attendant / Sitter for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The Patient Sitter maintains a direct line of sight with patient at all times, including while family and/or visitors are in the room. This role accompanies patient and ensures patient safety during transportation, testing, and procedures occurring away from the patient s normal environment.
- You will establish a safe, risk-free patient environment by utilizing knowledge of fall prevention protocols, infection control measures, and self-harm prevention. Performs room assessment regularly and after any visitations.
- You must monitor patient physical/emotional condition and report any changes in status promptly while remaining direct line of sight with the patient.
- Your role will intervene as needed to prevent patient from harming self or others. Seek immediate assistance for escalating incidents.
- You will create clear, accurate documentation on patient status and activity during the shift.
- You must demonstrate knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
TriStar Skyline Medical Center is Tennessee’s first comprehensive stroke center and a national leader in neuroscience. The facility is equipped with 233 beds and offers a full array of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics/spine, rehabilitation and emergency services. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, TriStar Skyline is a leading provider of emergency heart care. There are more than 400 physicians on staff, many of whom have offices located right next door in the TriStar Skyline Medical Plaza.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Patient Safety Attendant qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
- High school diploma preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required within 30 days of hire date
- Preferred hospital/EMS experience
- De-Escalation Training within 90 Days
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.