Website BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE
The Pharmacist in Training under the direction of a registered pharmacist, prior to registrations ensures the effective, safe and economical use of drugs through the professional application of hospital pharmacy skills and knowledge and serves as a resource for drug information to other health and medical professionals. The Pharmacist in Training supervises and monitors the non-professional duties of technicians including the organization of daily duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
– Monitor patient drug therapy through computerized profile for interactions, duplications, allergies, incompatibilities, therapeutic ranges and adverse reactions and communicates verbally and in writing with medical and nursing staff to ensure appropriate drug therapy.
– Interpret review and intervene with physician orders concerning drug therapy, dispenses medications, and mixes parenteral solutions, and provides pharmacy products and drugs for hospital, clinic, and outpatient departments.
– Serve as a resource and educator on drug therapy for patients, patient family, medical staff, physicians, nurses, and pharmacy technicians as required and as a representative for the pharmacy on hospital or clinic committee meetings.
– Supervise and monitor the non-professional duties of technicians including the organization of daily duties in dispensing, IV s or patient care function, and the use of support personnel in the most cost effective manner in view of the overall department workflow.
– Assist in inventory, purchasing, and quality control of drugs and products and ensures proper charging-crediting of pharmacy product accounts.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
– Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
– 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
– Tuition Reimbursement
– PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
– EDUCATION – Bachelor’s or 4 years of work experience above the minimum qualification
– MAJOR – Pharmacy
– EXPERIENCE – Less than 1 Year of Experience
Associated topics: ach, bram, dispensing, drug, mna, pharmacist, prescription, retail, walgreens
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.