Website Novant Health
Novant Health is seeking a Pharmacy Tech – Certified, to join our hospital pharmacy team, to deliver optimal medication management across all dimensions of care, every time.
Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities to advance your practice to other roles and responsibilities in the pharmacy technician profession!
- Filling and delivering medication orders for all age groups under the direct supervision of a pharmacist
- Performing non-sterile compounding and repackaging
- Answering and screening telephone calls and referring calls to a pharmacist when appropriate
- Processing cart fills, refills to automated dispensing machines and replenishments to emergency kits and carts
- Demonstrating proficiency with equipment and software
- Collecting medication histories from patients and/or compounding sterile admixtures
Why Novant Health?
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at all Novant Health facilities
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth #PharmacyTech #NHRxTech
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families, and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High School or GED Required. 2yr / Associate Degree Preferred.
- Pharmacy Tech I – One-year relevant experience preferred. If Associate’s Degree in Pharm Tech, experience is included in schooling
- Pharmacy Tech II –
- Acute: Minimum of two pharmacy skills (examples may include medication distribution, sterile compounding, and/or medication listing activities) required. OR…hired as a Pharmacy Technician 1 Certified and now competently performing a second pharmacy skill as described above required.
- Outpatient Oncology: Minimum of two years of experience in any setting with one year of experience in sterile compounding (of IV and/or chemotherapy admixture) required.
- Specialty Pharmacy: Minimum of two years in any setting required with one year in specialty setting preferred.
- Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Pharmacy Tech I & II – Current registry with applicable State Board(s) of Pharmacy required. PTCB or NHA Certification within 60 days of hire, or proof of enrollment in pharmacy school required.
- Pharmacy Tech II – A minimum of one specialized certificate/certification from PTCB, ASHP or NBMTM (examples include but are not limited to product verification, medication history, hazardous drug management, billing/reimbursement, controlled substances diversion prevention, medication therapy management, sterile compounding) required.
- Additional Skills/Requirements required: State Registration and/or evidence of renewal is required for Technicians fifteen days prior to expiration and Technicians are required to be either certified through Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or National Health career Association (NHA), or be actively enrolled in pharmacy school, or be active in Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination (FPGEE) or Foreign Pharmacy Equivalency Certification (FPGEC). Considerable knowledge and application of basic math skills, including ratio and proportion relationships; strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Basic technology skills. Other duties as outlined in Novant Health and facility specific policies and procedures. Ability to drive/travel to multiple facilities/locations as needed. Ability to work as part of a high performing, change ready and resilient team.
- Additional Skills/Requirements preferred: Considerable knowledge of medication names (both trade and generic) and their doses, routes of administration, and adverse effects; the ability to demonstrate patient interview skills and strong written and verbal communication skills with other healthcare professionals.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”.
Associated topics: ascp, hematopathology, mls, pathology, sterile processing technician, surgical technologist, technician i, technician iii, technician iv, technician lab
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.