Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Principal Infrastructure Engineer uses a vast repertoire of experience delivering high impact engineering solutions to work intuitively. This Engineer role knows where to look if something breaks and is key in solving challenges quickly. Principal Infrastructure Engineers are skilled in finding new ways to build technical capabilities and influencing the adoption of best practices.
The scope of this role includes building, managing, and supporting core infrastructure and security services in public cloud to deliver highly available and scalable services, automating everything to minimize manual work and meet security and compliance objectives in all aspects of the secure cloud ecosystem, use native AWS and/or GCP infrastructure services such as IAM, networking, compute, storage, Kubernetes, cloud functions, etc., perform basic system administration tasks, and serve on the on-call team as an escalation contact for service incidents.
Responsible for the technical design, development, monitoring and ongoing support and maintenance of a diverse set of cloud technologies. The role is a technical, hands-on opportunity with a heavy focus on automation, resilient design and deployment of cloud ready systems and services. This role collaborates with Product teams internal and external to IS to provide world class products and services in support of our application development community and our business as whole. This is a DevOps position, responsible for the full-stack engineering and support of products that support our hybrid cloud capabilities.
- Contributes to product delivery, influenced by strategic direction across Business Technology and enterprise including investment decisions (i.e. build vs buy) across multiple products. Uses automation, system tools, open source solutions, observability and ‘security first’ principles in daily work
- Contributes to team agile ceremonies, leads demos and presentations, helps new engineers learn established norms
- Bridges desired Business features to BT capabilities and executes ground work in requirement translations and design. Initiates detailed level solution design approaches across multiple domains, and guides team to achieve desired key software delivery capabilities using automated, coded enterprise and observability
- Participates in (internal/external) speaking and advocacy events. Coaches core technology communities and is actively engaged in understanding and researching new technologies
- Researches and adopts new technology solutions and ways to build technical capabilities
- Continues professional education and creates opportunities for broader engineering teams to learn industry best practices
- Architect and engineer complex public cloud (AWS, GCP) Solutions
- Implement Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Python, Chef, Cloud Deployment Manager, Puppet, Ansible)
At a minimum, here s what we need from you:
- Bachelors Computer Science
- 6+ Years (Software) Engineering, DevOps or related
- Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of proficient on the Dreyfus engineering scale
Bonus Points If You Have:
- 1+ years of experience in Team Lead or related
- GCP and AWS public cloud experience in a production environment
- Demonstrates growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Comfortable working on agile-based teams comprised of team members with diverse skill-sets (e.g. Quality Assurance Engineers, User Experience Designers, Software Engineers / Architects)
- Capable of collaborating with stakeholders and project leaders to understand requirements, deliverables, and set expectations on tasks that you will be responsible for.
- Consistently demonstrates follow-through in honoring commitments to customers and colleagues. Accepts the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
External applicants will be required to perform a technical interview.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Associated topics: cloud architect, equipment, http, information architect, infrastructure, maintain, maintenance, principal systems engineer, senior engineer, system architect
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.